If you’re a fan of PF Chang’s, you’ll LOVE these healthy Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps. The lettuce serves as a perfectly crunchy way to eat the savory filling while still leaving you feeling full without being weighed down. This recipe can work as a main entree or as a fun appetizer to share with the whole family! The edamame and carrots add bright color and help to bulk up this high-protein meal with some more nutrient-dense ingredients.
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (90/10 mininum)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha hot sauce
- 20 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the sesame oil and ground turkey, breaking it up as it cooks, 4-6 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, onions, carrots, edamame, and green onions. Cook until all the turkey is white and the onions are translucent, 6-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and sriracha to the skillet, and stir to evenly coat everything.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 4-6 minutes.
- Spoon ¼ cup of filling in each lettuce leaf.
- Serving Size: 4 lettuce leaves
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 452mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 50mg