If you were to ask my nephew, Lincoln, what one of his Aunt Brooke’s favorite recipes is, he of course would say Crab Rangoons—haha! He loves them too and ever since I can remember, he has had a love for Chinese and Asian inspired dishes. He’s definitely not a picky eater and this happens to be an appetizer that he, along with the rest of my family, really enjoys! I think they’d be a perfect addition to your next get together with family and friends.
I would recommend that you serve this recipe with my favorite Sweet and Spicy Mustard Sauce. You will save 37 calories and 2 SmartPoints.
Baked Crab Rangoons
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 9 -10 servings
For the Baked Crab Rangoons:
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces white lump crab meat
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 38 (4-inch) wonton wrappers
For the Sweet and Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Crack the egg in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk together to make an egg wash.
- In a large mixing bowl, break up the crab meat with a fork, then add the cream cheese, yogurt, soy sauce, garlic powder and onions. Mix together until incorporated.
- Lay the wonton wrappers out on the baking sheets and egg wash the edges. Spoon ½ tablespoon of the mixture into each wonton wrapper.
- To seal the wrapper, fold each wonton in half diagonally to make a triangle and gently press the edges together to adhere to each other with the egg wash.
- Bake until the wonton edges are golden and the filling is heated through, 10-12 minutes.
- To make the sauce: Mix all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. The sauce can be served at room temperature or heated. Serve each serving of crab rangoon with a scant tablespoon of the dipping sauce.
- Serving Size: 4 crab rangoons
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 693mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg