This dish a 10. Why? It can be totally prepped in 10 minutes and has less than 10 ingredients! Plus, it’s a great way to change up a boring piece of chicken. You’ll love the flavors this recipe offers!
Blackened Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning
For the Avocado Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup plain, 0% Greek yogurt
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- Place the chicken breasts and blackened seasoning in a large resealable bag. Seal and shake a few times to evenly coat the chicken.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the creamy avocado sauce and garnish with ½ tablespoon green onions.
Tip: If you have leftovers, the avocado cream sauce freezes and thaws perfectly! Freeze it in an airtight, freezer-friendly bag and you’re all set.
- Serving Size: 4 ounce chicken breast + 2 tablespoons cream sauce
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 25g