Everyone loves twice-baked potatoes, but there is just something about a casserole that rings of coziness and comfort. This recipe, with only 312 calories per serving, is a simple way to satisfy your twice-baked lovers with an easy dish for everyone to share! Plus, broccoli and cheddar? Was there ever a more savory combination?
Cheesy Twice-Baked Potato and Broccoli Casserole
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (10.8-ounce) bags frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Wash the potatoes and dry them on a paper towel, then poke several holes in them with a fork.
- Wrap each potato in foil, and place them on a baking sheet in the oven for 40-60 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Lower the oven to 350° F and spray a 13×9-inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray, then set aside.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to touch, peel the skins off and discard the skins.
- Add the potato flesh to a large mixing bowl with the sour cream, milk, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Mash with a potato masher to a smooth consistency, or beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Cook the frozen broccoli according to package directions.
- Spread the mashed potatoes evenly in the prepared casserole dish. Top the mashed potatoes with ½ cup of both cheeses, and half of the green onions.
- Place the frozen broccoli on top of the cheese and green onion layer, then top the broccoli with the remaining ½ cup of both cheeses and the remaining green onions.
- Bake until heated through and the cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 309mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 38mg