With nourishing chicken and tasty brown rice, this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights! Simply throw the ingredients together, pop the casserole in the oven, and enjoy this quick, filling, and healthy meal.
Chicken and Brown Rice Casserole
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Chicken soup
- ⅓ cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup fat-free milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® brown rice
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli and blanch for 1 to 2 minutes, until it is bright green. Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the water and bring back up to a boil. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts and set on a plate to cool. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken breasts with a fork.
- Microwave the rice according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix the soup, yogurt, milk, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken, broccoli, rice and ½ cup of the cheddar. Use a large spoon to stir and combine, making sure the soup mixture evenly coats all of the ingredients.
- Transfer the chicken and rice mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining ½ cup cheddar and the panko.
- Bake uncovered until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 20 minutes.
- If all you’ve got on hand is frozen broccoli, that’s no problem. You can sub it for fresh florets.
- Another great time-saver is to use a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 27g