Quesadillas may be a kid favorite, but this quesadilla recipe is perfect for when Mom simply cannot eat anymore plain chicken and cheese combos. Using a low-carb, high-fiber, whole-wheat tortilla can greatly up the nutrition value—you’ll get 36 grams of protein, 13 grams of fiber, and only 192 calories for half a quesadilla!
Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
- Prep Time: 10 minutes ( + 30 minutes to marinate)
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 4-Cheese Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 8 La Tortilla Factory® Low-Carb, High-Fiber, Whole-Wheat Tortillas, Large Size
- light sour cream
- pico de gallo
- In a gallon size resealable bag, combine the chicken, cumin, garlic powder, lime juice, oil, and salt. Seal the bag and shake it up to combine all of the ingredients. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the quesadillas: Preheat the oven to 350°F and lay out 2 baking sheets.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables are tender crisp about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and reserve on a plate. To the same skillet, remove the chicken from the bag and discard any remaining marinade.
- Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently until cooked through.
- To assemble: Lay 4 tortillas out and layer 2 tablespoons of cheese, ½ cup vegetables, ½ cup chicken, and 2 more tablespoons of cheese on top. Place the remaining 4 tortillas on top of these.
- Transfer the quesadillas to the baking sheets (2 on each baking sheet) and lightly spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until thoroughly heated and the cheese is melted.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla in half, and then each of the halves into 3 wedges.
*Optional ingredients not included in nutrition calculation.
- Serving Size: 1/2 quesadilla (3 wedges)
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 633mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 39mg