These Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf Muffins look and sound impressive, but they’re actually super simple to make! They’re tasty, kid-friendly, and serve as great appetizers or even as a main course. And at 212 calories for two meatloaf muffins, you won’t feel so bad having seconds!
Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup reduced-fat grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- ¾ cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and spray a 12-count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with clean hands combine the chicken, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, red bell pepper, onion, Italian seasoning, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Evenly spoon about ¼ cup of the meatloaf mixture into each muffin tin.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the marinara sauce on each meatloaf muffin and bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
- Remove from the oven, top each meatloaf muffin with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Allow the meatloaf muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tins before carefully removing them.
- Garnish with the fresh basil, and serve 2 per person.
- Serving Size: 2 meatloaf muffins
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 627mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 88mg