You walk into Red Lobster after an exhausting day and the last thing you want to do is worry about calories. You sit down and it instantly becomes a battle between you and those cheesy biscuits oozing buttery goodness. You’ve done your math—just one of those biscuits equals a jog (at least one) around the neighborhood and an evening of guilt. Well, you can thank me now or you can thank me later because my lower calorie alternative eliminates that guilt while still maintaining the flaky, delicious flavor that we all know and love. Whether you serve these up with dinner, as an after-school snack for your kids, or throw them in as an appetizer at your next party, they are sure to be an instant favorite.
Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
- 2 cups low-fat baking mix
- ¾ cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the baking mix, cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and cold water. Stir until just combined. The batter will be thick, and not smooth.
- Drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet using a heaping tablespoon, forming 16 biscuits.
- Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- While the biscuits are cooking, heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic, cooking until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the parsley and remove from the heat.
- Brush the butter mixture over each biscuit when they come out of the oven.
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 162mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg