Taco night, while a staple in the weekly meal schedule, doesn’t always satisfy that Mexican cuisine craving. When tacos just aren’t going to cut it, this recipe is a delicious alternative.
These enchiladas are slathered in a tangy red sauce that compliments the rich flavors of the lean ground beef or sirloin. Plus, the green chilis give this dish a slight punch that will kick your energy into gear! Don’t wear out Taco Tuesdays when you can whip up these enchiladas in less than 20 minutes. If you want a side dish to add try my Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Brown Rice!
Easy Beef Enchiladas
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 (10-ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 8 large high-fiber, low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- ¾ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the beef and the onions. Brown the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until it is no longer pink and the onions are translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
- Next, add the green chiles and 1 can of enchilada sauce, and stir together to combine.
- Fill each tortilla evenly, and roll them up, placing them seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Cover the tortillas with the remaining can of enchilada sauce, and the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sides are bubbly.
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 1470mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 17g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 75mg