Jazz up your burger night with this low-calorie, spicy take on a grill classic! The ranch flavor and adobo sauce throughout the beef ensure that each bite is just as good as the last! These burgers take less than 20 minutes to cook and are bursting with flavor. For a full-on burgers and fries experience, try these with my Spicy Sweet Potato Fries.
Mexican Ranch Burgers
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- 4 slices reduced-fat pepper jack cheese
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- red onion
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, ranch packet, cumin, chili powder, and adobo sauce.
- Using clean hands, form 4 equal-sized hamburgers and make a thumb indentation in the center to help the burgers keep their shape while cooking.
- Heat an outdoor grill (or indoor grill pan) over medium-high heat and grease it to keep the hamburgers from sticking.
- Grill each hamburger for about 4 minutes, then flip it and place the cheese on top. Let it cook for another 2 minutes, or until cooked through and the cheese it melted.
- Serve on a whole grain bun with optional toppings as desired.
*Optional ingredients are not included in nutritional calculations
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 641mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 70mg