This one-pan dinner will make your life SO much easier when it comes to dinner prep… not to mention cleanup! Savory, marinated chicken, bell peppers, onions and seasoning come together for a hot, delicious meal the entire family will crave over and over. And at only 268 calories per serving, you don’t have to worry about helping yourself to a little extra.
One-Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (+ 30 minutes to marinate)
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons)
- zest of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, cumin, salt, black pepper and chicken to a gallon-size resealable bag.
- Shake the contents up to evenly combine the marinade with the chicken, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and cook the onions and bell peppers for 10-12 minutes, until soft.
- Reserve the vegetables on a plate. Do not wash the skillet.
- Microwave the rice according to package directions and set aside.
- When the chicken has marinated, reheat the skillet over medium-high heat and transfer the chicken and its marinade into the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through and the marinade has come to a boil.
- Add the reserved vegetables and rice pouches to the skillet. Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Garnish with additional lime wedges if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 43mg