My One-Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice recipe will make your life SO much easier when it comes to dinner prep… not to mention cleanup! Savory, marinated chicken, bell peppers, onions and seasoning come together for a hot, delicious meal the entire family will crave over and over. And at only 268 calories per serving, you don’t have to worry about helping yourself to a little extra.
One-Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (+ 30 minutes to marinate)
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons)
- zest of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, cumin, salt, black pepper and chicken to a gallon-size resealable bag.
- Shake the contents up to evenly combine the marinade with the chicken, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and cook the onions and bell peppers for 10-12 minutes, until soft.
- Reserve the vegetables on a plate. Do not wash the skillet.
- Microwave the rice according to package directions and set aside.
- When the chicken has marinated, reheat the skillet over medium-high heat and transfer the chicken and its marinade into the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through and the marinade has come to a boil.
- Add the reserved vegetables and rice pouches to the skillet. Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Garnish with additional lime wedges if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 43mg