This simple recipe is full of flavor. Only four ingredients create a quick, easy treat that is one of my most popular recipes! Try these muffins for an impressive breakfast or a unique, fluffy dessert! The best part? These tasty treats come in at less than 100 calories. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 servings
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Spice Cake Mix (dry cake mix only)
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 15 ounces 100% pure pumpkin| puree
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350º F, and line or spray two 12-count muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large stand-up mixer or a bowl with a hand-held mixer, mix together the dry cake mix, applesauce, and canned pumpkin.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes, until mixed well and fluffy.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, spoon equal amounts of cake mix into the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on top of each muffin before baking.
- Bake muffins until the edges are golden brown, 18-20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 136mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0g