This breakfast is perfect for a big family brunch—I know my family can’t get enough! I love using sweet red gala apples, but you can use any apples you have on hand! For a little extra sweetness and crunch, top with brown sugar and walnuts!
Be sure to spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray before putting the ingredients in! And don’t forget to stir the oatmeal after 5-6 hours. You’ll know your oatmeal is ready to go when the edges are slightly brown. For this recipe, I like to use half water and half Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk, but you could easily use all water or all almond milk.
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed
- 4 medium-size apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup walnuts
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir gently to mix ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If possible, stir and check oatmeal after 5-6 hours of cooking.
*Optional ingredients not included in nutrition calculation.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 83mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 7g