My Slow Cooker Chicken, Beans, and Rice is a simple dinner that fulfilling! Just add the ingredients in the slow cooker and walk away! The chicken, whole-grain rice, and yummy veggies come together for a low-calorie, low-fat, and protein-packed meal.
Slow Cooker Chicken, Beans, and Rice
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours - 6 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours - 6 hours
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen yellow corn
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole grain instant brown rice
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- reduced-fat sour cream
- jalapeño, sliced
- shredded reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese
- Add all ingredients except the rice to the slow cooker, placing the chicken on top.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours until the chicken is tender enough to be shredded.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, shred it, then add it back to the slow cooker.
- Add the rice and cook an additional 30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- If there is too much liquid, leave the lid on and cook for an additional 15-30 minutes on high.
*Optional ingredients not included in nutrition calculation.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 386mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 26mg