You will love my Slow Cooker Chicken and Pepperoni! If you don’t know by now I love putting food in the slow cooker and letting it go to cook on its own! So easy and your home is filled with the wonderful smell of dinner! This meal is a low carb, meat lover’s dream.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Pepperoni
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low
- Total Time: 3 hours to 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 35 turkey pepperonis, sliced in half
- ½ cup sliced reduced-sodium black olives
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker, and season the tops with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the chicken broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes, then pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Next, add the pepperoni and the olives to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. , or until the chicken falls apart and can be easily shredded.
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker with tongs or 2 forks, and mix it up to absorb the remaining liquid for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 789mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 52g
- Cholesterol: 142mg