Have a food fiesta by serving up these Sour Cream Enchiladas! They’ll be ready in only 45 minutes, giving you just enough time to prep a side of Quinoa Mexi-Lime Salad. These enchiladas will cure all your cravings for Mexican food and you can safely avoid that endless tortilla chip basket.
Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can Campbell’s® Healthy Request® condensed cream of chicken soup
- ⅓ cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) can Ro*Tel® “Original” diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large low-carb, high-fiber tortillas, warmed (I like La Tortilla Factory®)
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat four-cheese Mexican blend (I like Sargento®)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, heat the enchilada sauce over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate to cool. After the chicken has slightly cooled, use two forks to shred the chicken and set aside.
- Meanwhile, return the skillet of enchilada sauce to low heat. Add the sour cream, chicken soup, and fat-free milk. Stir frequently for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- In a separate large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the diced tomatoes, green chilies, cumin, salt, pepper, and the shredded chicken. Continue to stir frequently until the mixture is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- To assemble, fill each tortilla with a heaping ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture. Tightly roll each tortilla and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour and evenly spread the sour cream sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 36g