- Author: Brooke Griffin
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 jar Prego® Light Smart Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 16 oz box whole grain rotini pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced thin
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ½ cup zucchini, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Splenda (or your favorite sweetener)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add extra virgin olive oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, and zucchini.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- In a large stock pan, boil water and add pasta. Cook pasta until cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Add spaghetti sauce to skillet and stir to mix sauce with vegetables.
- Add sweetener to sauce and cover skillet with lid. Cook sauce over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After sauce has heated through, mix sauce with pasta.
- Pour pasta and sauce into casserole dish.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of pan
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 302mg
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g