Cutting down on red meat? No problem! You can still enjoy a delicious burger without worrying about your waistline. The Worcestershire sauce in this recipe packs it full of flavor, resulting in a juicy, flavorful burger that is sure to become a summertime favorite at your family’s backyard barbecue. Try serving these burgers up with one of my favorite side dishes—my Skinny Baked Sweet Potato Chips (shown in photos).
Worcestershire Turkey Burgers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, 90-10
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- dill pickle spear
- dijon mustard
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent, 2-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, using clean hands, combine the set-aside onions, and the rest of the turkey burger ingredients together.
- Form into 4 equal-sized turkey burgers.
- Lightly grease the grill grates, and cook the burgers for 4-6 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes, or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Serve with a bun and optional toppings as desired.
*Optional ingredients not included in nutrition calculation.
- Serving Size: 1 turkey burger + bun
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 728mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 124mg