I love a good chicken salad recipe, but sometimes finding a great-tasting and healthy chicken salad recipe is a challenge, and sometimes you want something different so here is my Asian Chicken Salad. This Asian Chicken Salad has a bold taste and crunch.
Asian Chicken Salad
- 1 – 4 oz pkgs Ramen noodles, broken up into pieces (discard seasoning packets)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 8 oz bagged classic coleslaw
- 8 oz bagged broccoli coleslaw
- 4 green onions (both the white and green), thinly sliced
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, diced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Stevia
- 2 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up!). Place Ramen noodles and almonds on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk.
4. In a large bowl, mix both coleslaws together. Add green onions, chicken, cilantro, diced water chestnuts, baked ramen and almonds; combine.
5. Just prior to serving whisk your dressing again and pour over salad to coat.