Love tuna salad, but tired of the same old, same old? Switch it up with this Asian-inspired tuna salad. Eat it on a piece of whole-wheat toast, scoop it up with crackers, or roll it up in a lettuce leaf to save on carbs. One serving will only set you back 142 calories and boosts your protein count by 23 grams!
Asian Tuna Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (5-ounce) cans albacore tuna packed in water
- 3 tablespoons plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, diced (about 3 stalks)
- ½ cup shredded carrot (about 2 small whole carrots)
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon less-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Drain the tuna very well by placing a colander in the sink. Empty the tuna in it, and gently press the excess liquid out with a rubber spatula.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- Add the drained tuna and stir to combine; serve chilled.
Smart Points: 4
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 904mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 43mg