Make Meatless Monday a Mexican feast! I absolutely love my Avocado and Black Bean Enchiladas! This dish makes for a quick and easy vegetarian meal that will leave you wanting more! The heat of the red onion and green chilies is perfectly balanced by the cool avocado. I promise, you won’t be waiting for a Monday to make this dish!
Avocado and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 avocados
- 15 oz can reduced-sodium-black beans, drained + rinsed
- 15 oz can yellow corn, drained + rinsed
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 — 10 oz cans green enchilada sauce
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup reduced-fat, shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 — 9″ La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious™ Low Carb, High Fiber Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine corn, black beans, red onion, chili powder, cilantro and lime juice.
- Stir to mix ingredients and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, add diced green chilies and both cans of enchilada sauce. Stir over low heat and heat to a boil.
- Using a casserole dish or large glass baking dish, transfer ¾ cup of sauce to the bottom of the dish (just enough to cover the bottom of the dish).
- Taking 1 tortilla at a time, spread a small amount of avocado in the center of the tortilla.
- Next, spoon 1½ Tbsp of black bean and corn mixture onto avocado.
- Roll tortilla and place in casserole dish seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining 7 tortillas.
- Generously cover the tortillas with sauce.
- Sprinkle reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend on top.
- Bake enchiladas for 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted and is bubbly.
WWP+: 7 points
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 1,139mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 12g