My Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta brings the heat and the spice to this seafood pasta dish! With red pepper flakes, thai sweet chili sauce, and of course – sriracha sauce add pasta and you’ve got a dish that will spice dinner up tonight! Enjoy!
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces high-protein angel hair pasta (I like Barilla® ProteinPLUS™)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp (40 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- 2½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons sriracha sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large resealable bag, combine the cornstarch, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp, seal, and shake a few times to evenly coat the shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sweet chili sauce, 1½ tablespoons of the sesame oil, the lime juice, sriracha, and pepper flakes. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to evenly coat the pasta. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the shrimp are pink, turning occasionally.
- Serve the shrimp over the pasta and garnish with the green onions.
Smart Points: 11
- Serving Size: Heaping ¾ cup of prepared pasta, 10 shrimp and 2 tablespoons sauce
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 27g