BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks, cubes (5 ounces)
- 2 red bell peppers, large dice
- 1 large sweet onion, large dice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup reduced-sugar BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange juice
- Heat an outdoor grill (or indoor grill pan) over medium-high heat and oil it so the kabobs do not stick.
- Alternate threading the chicken, pineapple, peppers, and onions onto the skewers. Salt and pepper the skewers, to taste.
- In a small bowl, stir together the BBQ sauce and orange juice, and brush the skewers with the BBQ sauce several times while grilling.
- Grill the kabobs until the chicken is cooked through and the pineapple and vegetables are soft, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serving Size: 2 kabobs
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 410mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 65mg