BLT Skillet Pizza
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices lower-sodium bacon
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can classic pizza crust
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the tomato slices in a single layer, and brush them with the oil.
- Evenly season the tomatoes with the Italian seasoning and salt then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are mostly dried out.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, line a second rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the foil.
- Lay the bacon strips on the rack, and bake for 10-15 minutes, until they reach desired crispness.
- Generously spray a cast iron skillet or a large oven-proof skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll the pizza dough out in the skillet, and fold the corners over, making a crust.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the sauce ingredients. Spread the sauce on the surface of the pizza dough and layer the cooked tomatoes, bacon, and the cheese over the dough.
- Still at 400° F, bake the skillet for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
- When the pizza comes out of the oven, sprinkle the iceberg lettuce evenly over the top and cut the pizza into 6 slices.
Smart Points: 8
- Do ahead: Cook your bacon in the morning when you’re making breakfast.
- Sub turkey bacon if you prefer, but regular (baked) pork bacon will yield a crispier texture for this pizza.
- Do not preheat the skillet or the dough will start to cook as soon as you press it into the skillet.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of pizza
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 617mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 8mg