Ready to take your taste buds for a ride? The blueberry and lemon make for the perfect combination of sweet and tart! The optional glaze drizzled on top adds that extra element that makes this treat extra special. I cut the fat in this recipe by substituting applesauce and yogurt in place of oil and more sugar. The yogurt gives this loaf a slightly chewier and denser texture as opposed to the full-fat version. At only 182 calories and 7 Weight Watcher SmartPoints per slice, you’ll be in heaven!
Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1½ cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
For the Optional Glaze*:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt, sugar, applesauce, vanilla, eggs, zest and lemon juice.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the blueberries in the reserved 1 tablespoon of flour, then gently fold these into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 35-45 minutes, depending on your oven. Check the loaf at 35 minutes to see if a cake tester comes out clean in the center of the loaf. If not, reset the timer in 5-minute intervals.
- When it comes out of the oven, allow the loaf pan to rest for 10 minutes on a cooling rack before flipping it out of the pan.
- While the loaf is cooling, make the (optional) glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, milk, and lemon zest in a small mixing bowl.
- Cool the loaf completely before drizzling the (optional) glaze over the loaf and slicing it into 8 pieces.
Tip: For more of a fresh lemon taste, bump up the lemon zest! You can also use fresh lemon juice instead of the bottled lemon juice.
Tip: If you decide to make the optional glaze (which I wholeheartedly encourage), the calorie count is upped to 197 per slice and the WWP+ goes up to 6.
*Optional ingredients not included in nutrition calculation.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 44mg