I love spicy, shrimp, and grilling! My Cajun Shrimp Skewers are the best way to get a little heat and crunch with a wonderful grilled flavor! And with my Cajun Rub mix you can add it to other items you put on the grill or just to season other foods!
Cajun Shrimp Skewers
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp ground oregano
- ½ Tbsp ground thyme
- ½ Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Stevia®
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 12 raw jumbo shrimp, peeled + deveined (keep tails on)
- 1 large red onion, peeled + quartered
- 2 zucchini, washed and cut into 8 thick slices each
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered
- 1 lemon
- 5-6 wooden skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak 30 minutes prior to putting on the grill so they don’t burn.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a shallow bowl, mix ingredients for the Cajun Rub. Add shrimp and toss with hands, thoroughly coating each shrimp.
- Thread shrimp on their own skewers (6 per skewer), and veggies on their own skewers.
- Lightly coat skewers with nonstick cooking spray. Place veggies on hot grill.
- Cook for a total of 12 minutes, flipping halfway. Add shrimp halfway through cooking veggies (6 minutes in), flip over shrimp after 3 minutes. Squeeze juice from one lemon over the tops of the kabobs.
Notes: 1 serving: 3 shrimp, ½ zucchini cut into 4 slices, ¼ red pepper, ¼ yellow pepper, ¼ red onion.
- Serving Size: (3 shrimp, ½ zucchini cut into 4 slices, ¼ red pepper, ¼ yellow pepper, ¼ red onion)
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 91mg