For a low-calorie and low-carb dinner, you MUST make this creamy avocado zoodle recipe. The zucchini noodles cut down on carbs you would normally find in spaghetti noodles, while the avocados and artichokes full of antioxidants help you burn fat and detox your system. And you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
Carb Cutting Avocado Zoodles
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (14-ounce) can large artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 cups zucchini noodles (from 4 small zucchini, ~2 pounds)
- To make the sauce: blend all of the ingredients together to a food processor or high-powered blender until smooth, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the oil, artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Cook for 4-6 minutes until the tomatoes start to plump and get juicy.
- Add the zucchini noodles and the previously set-aside sauce to the skillet.
- Season with salt and black pepper, and gently toss together with tongs to evenly coat.
Smart Points: 5
Don’t be alarmed when you read 10 grams of fat! Remember that it’s coming from the avocado, which contains HEALTHY monounsaturated fat. It keeps you full until your next healthy meal!
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 364mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g