Cheese galore! These Cheese Enchiladas are filled with cottage, ricotta, and shredded cheese ensuring to pack a bundle of creamy, yummy goodness into every bite! Don’t forget the jalapeño and green chilies, these ingredients really bring in the Mexican flavor kick. So if you’re looking for a dish for Meatless Monday here is the perfect recipe! Enjoy with my Black Bean, Corn, and Avocado Dip!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 (10-ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat, shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilis
- 8 La Tortilla Factory® Low Carb, High Fiber Whole Wheat Tortillas, Original Size
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour 1 can of enchilada sauce in the bottom, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, ½ cup of the shredded cheese, and the diced green chilis.
- Evenly fill each tortilla with about ¼ cup of the cheese mixture, roll, and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the second can of enchilada sauce over the tortillas, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top with the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Smart Points: 9
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 1578mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 28mg