Did you know for centuries, green tea has been considered to be one of the healthiest drinks for our body, mind and soul? It helps boost your metabolism, it’s good for your heart, and can help your brain activity! So why not start drinking it now? My Clean Green Citrus Tea helps flush out toxins with the hint of grapefruit juice. So why not grab yourself a nice hot cup and drink up girl?
Clean Green Citrus Tea
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 green tea bag
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, discard seeds juice from ½ lemon, discard seeds
- 2 tsp raw honey or natural sweetener of your choice
- Pour the boiling water in a large mug (the mug should hold more than 2 cups of liquid). Add the honey and stir. To avoid bitter tea, let the boiling water and honey mixture sit for a few minutes so it can cool down to 165-170º F. Add the tea bag and allow to steep for 3 minutes. Discard the bag.
- If you don’t like pulp, use a fine mesh sieve over the mug; otherwise, add the grapefruit and lemon juice to the tea.
- Stir and enjoy this cleansing, reviving, tea!
Variations: To make a cold version, simply double the recipe and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 22g