This Crispy Oven-Baked Shrimp with Smoky Cocktail Sauce will become your go-to appetizer recipe! The shrimp is not fried at all — just dipped in egg whites, bread crumbs and seasonings and baked! Plus, you’ll love the Smoky Cocktail Sauce. This simple 30 minute dish will become a hit at your next get together!
Crispy Oven-Baked Shrimp with Smoky Cocktail Sauce
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (30-32 shrimp)
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup less-sugar barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- To make the Smoky Cocktail Sauce: Mix all of the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and place a wire cooling rack on top of the foil. Spray the cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl. In a separate bowl or shallow dish, stir the panko, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper together.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg whites and allow the excess to drip off.
- Next, dip the shrimp in the panko mixture and evenly coat all sides.
- Place the shrimp on the prepared baking sheet and spray the shrimp with nonstick cooking spray to help them brown.
- Bake until the shrimp is opaque when the thickest part is pierced with the tip of the knife, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the cocktail sauce.
Smart Points: 4
- Serving Size: 6 shrimp and 2 tablespoons cocktail sauce
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 766mg
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 97mg