Hot dogs don’t have to be just for kids! And they don’t have to be plain and boring either! Here is my adult version topped with a combination of homemade coleslaw and crunchy chips (don’t knock it ‘til you try it).
Gourmet Hot Dogs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 8 turkey hot dogs
- 8 whole wheat hot dog buns
- 1 batch of Skinny Slaw (see recipe below)
- ½ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup BBQ Baked Lay’s® Potato Chips
For the coleslaw:
- 14 oz bag classic cole slaw
- ⅔ cup green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp light ranch dressing
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stevia
To make the cole slaw:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, oil, vinegar, and stevia.
- Add the bagged cole slaw and green onions to the dressing and toss together to evenly coat.
- Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes before serving.
To make the hot dogs:
- Place hot dogs on the a well heated grill.
- Cook hot dogs for 8-10 minutes until heated.
- Place hot dog in bun and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Next spoon around ½ cup of Skinny Slaw onto hot dog.
- Top off hot dogs with a sprinkle of crushed potato chips.
- Serving Size: 1 hot dog
- Calories: 309
- Sodium: 995mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Cholesterol: 8mg