Although this recipe calls for cake mix, it is anything but unhealthy! The batter is made using non-fat plain Greek yogurt and unsweetened applesauce and the almond flour is full of vitamins, minerals, and other phytonutrients. And fret not, the globs of golden brown sugar and cinnamon still top this delicious treat and it comes in at only 110 calories per serving!
Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- 9 oz yellow cake mix
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Stevia®
- 1½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8” x 8” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- To make the coffee cake topping: in a small bowl, stir together the Stevia®, brown sugar and cinnamon, mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry cake mix, yogurt, water, egg whites, applesauce, almond flour, salt and vanilla until smooth. Pour coffee cake batter into baking dish.
- Lightly sprinkle ⅛ cup of the coffee cake topping over the coffee cake batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Sprinkle cake with remaining sugar topping. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of coffee cake
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 119mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g