Simple is better. We all have that go-to, boring breaded fish recipe, well I scoured my herbs and spices. I wanted crispy with a lot of flavor. I hope you enjoy seasoning mixes in the coating of this tilapia. Pair it with some broccoli and wild rice and you have a meal!
Herb Crusted Tilapia
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 — 4 oz Tilapia fillets
- ½ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato, seeded + diced (or 1 can petite diced tomatoes)
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (about ½ of a large lemon)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a dish or on a plate big enough for 1 Tilapia fillet, mix breadcrumbs, parsley, chives, thyme, dill garlic, salt and pepper.
- Brush each Tilapia fillet with olive oil and coat them with the breadcrumb mixture. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, turning once in the middle of the cooking process until the fillets turn golden and flake easily with a fork.
- While Tilapia is in the oven, combine the tomatoes, basil, oregano, lemon juice and remaining pepper.
- Remove Tilapia from the oven and top with tomato mixture before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 tilapia fillet
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 23g