For a seriously delicious, mouth-watering chicken recipe, you’ve got to try this one! The garlic soy sauce marinade and honey-lemon glaze really amp up your basic chicken breast. It’s a favorite around here and I’m confident your family is going to love it too. Plus, you’ll feel the peace of mind when each chicken breast comes to only 183 calories and 4 grams of fat! This recipe is pictured with brown rice and honey-glazed asparagus, but you can glaze and use any veggie you like. It might be a good way to finally get the kids to eat broccoli!
Honey Lemon Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (+ 30 minutes to marinate)
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger (or substitute ground ginger)
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and a cooling rack, and set aside.
- In a gallon-size resealable bag, combine the chicken, soy sauce and garlic.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning the chicken every so often.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the marinade and season both sides of the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil to the skillet and sear the chicken breasts for about 2 minutes on each side. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, prepare the Honey Lemon Glaze: In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar, lemon juice, honey and ginger.
- Take the chicken out and brush the glaze over each breast.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Toss (optional) asparagus in remaining Honey Lemon Glaze and bake for 10 minutes at 375° F with the chicken.
*Optional ingredients not included in nutrition calculation.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 695mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 65mg