My Jamaican Jerk Shrimp is a simple, flavorful, delicious, 15 minute meal! I love shrimp and a blast of spices! This dish delivers it all, I put it on top of whole grain rice to complete this island dish.
Jamaican Jerk Shrimp
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (30-32 shrimp)
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- juice from 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Microwave rice according the package directions and set aside.
- Place the shrimp, jerk seasoning, salt, and pepper in a gallon-size resealable bag and shake to evenly coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the shrimp, and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side, or until they become pink and opaque.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and squeeze the fresh lime over the shrimp, and sprinkle the cilantro over them. Toss gently to combine, and serve 7-8 shrimp over ½ cup of rice.
Smart Points: 5
- Serving Size: 7-8 shrimp and ½ cup rice
- Calories: 201
- Sodium: 1007mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 143mg