My Lemon Tilapia is a no-fail fish recipe that’s delicious! You can serve it with steamed broccoli and rice. You really can’t go wrong with this seafood dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel seasoning
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 ounces ⅓-less fat cream cheese
- juice of 2 lemons (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with foil and nonstick cooking spray, or a large oven safe skillet.
- Season each fillet with salt and black pepper, to taste. Sprinkle the lemon peel seasoning evenly on each fillet, then brush with the melted butter, squeeze of lemon, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the chopped dill over each fillet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and the flesh flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish is baking, make the sauce: In a small microwave safe bowl, soften the cream cheese 30 seconds at a time, until very soft.
- Stir in the lemon juice, the remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped dill, and lemon zest into the melted cream cheese.
- Evenly divide the sauce between the 4 fillets, and serve hot.
Smart Points: 6
- Serving Size: 1 fillet with ¼ of the sauce
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 153mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 109mg