If your family can’t get enough buffalo chicken, then they’ll love this buffalo chicken pasta dish! Even better, you’ll only dirty one pot while cooking this simple dish, so cleanup will be a breeze. AND it’s low calorie and low fat? What more could you ask for?
One-Pan Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 8 ounces whole grain penne noodles, dry
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- ¼ cup reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the oil and chicken, cooking for 2-4 minutes, browning all sides.
- Sprinkle the ranch packet over the chicken, stirring together to coat, then add the chicken broth, water, buffalo sauce, and penne to the skillet.
- Cover, and reduce the heat to a simmer, cooking until the penne is done and the sauce has thickened slightly, 16-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the cream cheese into cubes. When the penne is done, stir in the cream cheese until fully melted.
- Garnish each serving with reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles.
Tip: Want it hotter? Kick up the buffalo sauce! Just keep in mind that more wing sauce will add to your sodium intake.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 870mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 42g
- Cholesterol: 89mg