My Parmesan Crusted Baked Cod is the perfect crunchy seafood supper. Serve it with roasted vegetables, a baked sweet potato, or roasted broccoli. This dish is low-calorie, high protein, and low carb!
Parmesan Crusted Baked Cod
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless cod fillets (fresh or frozen fillets, thawed)
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire cooling rack on top of it. Place the prepared baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Pat the fillets dry with a paper towel, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- In a second shallow dish, whisk together the egg and egg whites.
- In a third shallow dish stir together the panko, Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, and dried thyme.
- Dredge each fillet in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Next, dip in the egg wash allowing excess to drip off, and finally gently press into the panko breadcrumbs. Spray the tops generously with cooking spray.
- Carefully remove the preheated baking sheet and place each fillet sprayed side down on the cooling rack and spray the other side with cooking spray.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until cooked through.
Smart Points: 3
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Calories: 174
- Sodium: 357mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 100mg