Looking for a quick and easy snack and you just can’t get enough of the ooey gooey cheesy foods? I have good news: You don’t have to feel bad anymore! Here is a yummy healthy pizza recipe with a low calorie count. Try my healthy Pizza Quesadilla! Make them as snack, pack them in your lunch, or even as a appetizer for a night with your friends! They’re not just for kids!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 (9-inch) whole wheat high fiber, low carb tortillas
- 1½ cups light pizza sauce
- 1½ cups reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 turkey pepperoni (6 on each wedge)
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 cup thinly sliced white mushrooms
- Preheat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and lay 1 tortilla.
- Spoon and spread 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cheese OVER HALF OF THE TORTILLA, followed by the turkey pepperoni, 2 tablespoons of the onions, 2 tablespoons of the green peppers, ¼ cup of the mushrooms, optional crushed red pepper, and the remaining 3 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half, covering the filling, and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown, about 2-3 additional minutes.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla, so the filling doesn’t fall out. Continue to cook until the other side is golden brown, about another 2-3 minutes. Set it aside and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with other tortillas, or have several skillets going at once (tough, but doable if you have all your ingredients prepped and ready!)
- Slice in half and serve each quesadilla with a ¼ cup pizza sauce.
Smart Points: 8
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 1173mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 37mg