Add a twist to your grilled chicken dinner with this tasty Mexican flavor! Make this dish complete with some brown rice or broccoli. The bold flavors will be bursting with every bite, so make sure you make an extra serving for tomorrow’s lunch! Try slicing leftover salsa chicken into thin strips or bites and put it in a high-fiber, low-carb tortilla wrap and top it with lettuce, onion, avocado, tomato and some hot sauce. Delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup natural tomato salsa (I suggest a fresh salsa from the produce department)
- ½ cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro (a small handful)
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning on each chicken breast, and season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the chicken in the prepared dish, and spoon ¼ cup of salsa over all of them.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
- Uncover and evenly sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake for an additional 2-4 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze the lime over each chicken breast. Top them all with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and 1 tablespoon of cilantro, to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 628mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 82mg