I just love the way soy sauce and sesame seeds come together in this dish to make a nutty flavor with just the right amount of crunch! Beyond the chicken being an awesome source of lean protein, the sesame seeds in this dish pack a seriously nutritious punch. Add in 28 grams of protein and you’ve got a new weekly favorite! To make the meal complete, serve it with a vegetarian version of my Chicken Fried Rice.
- Prep Time: 70 minutes (includes marinade time)
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Place the chicken in a gallon-sized resealable bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the bag. Discard the marinade.
- Pour the sesame seeds into a shallow dish and press the chicken into the seeds, coating all sides.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until done, 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 438mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 72mg