My Shrimp and Grits recipe is perfectly creamy and cheesy, you’ll enjoy it ALL the time!
Shrimp and Grits
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2¼ cups low-sodium chicken broth (I like Pacific® Organic)
- 1½ cups fat-free milk
- 1¼ cup Quaker® Quick 5-Minute Grits
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Wisconsin sharp white cheddar cheese (I like Sargento® Artisan Blends®)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp (about 40), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay® seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth and milk to a boil. Gradually whisk in the grits and salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook the grits, stirring occasionally, until they start to thicken, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar and pepper.
- In a large resealable bag, add the shrimp and Old Bay®. Seal the bag and give it a few shakes to evenly coat the shrimp with the seasoning.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and green onions and cook until the green onions begin to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook on both sides until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon 1 cup of the grits into a bowl and top with about 10 shrimp.
Smart Points: 12
- Serving Size: 1 cup grits and about 10 shrimp
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 31g