My Shrimp Quinoa Bowl is a flavorful and colorful bowl that is satisfying enough to be dinner and fantastic as lunch the next day. With the beautiful blend of zucchini, squash, spring mix, tomatoes, and shrimp as your protein you will love it! And it’s a 30 minute meal! So let’s get cooking!
Shrimp Quinoa Bowl
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 small zucchini, medium dice
- 2 small yellow squash, medium dice
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 6 cups spring mix (6 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Heat a medium saucepan over high heat. Add 2 cups of chicken broth and the quinoa. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until quinoa is cooked, 13-15 minutes.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add the shrimp, cooking for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet the shrimp was cooked in, lower the heat to medium and add the rest of the oil.
- Add the zucchini and squash, cooking until they begin to get tender, 6-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes during the last minute of cooking, to soften it slightly, then remove the skillet from the heat to cool slightly.
- Add the cooked shrimp and quinoa to the skillet with the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Plate the lettuce and layer the quinoa and shrimp mixture over it, then drizzle the light balsamic dressing over all of it.
Smart Points: 8
- Serving Size: 2 1/2 cups
- Calories: 399
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 915mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 143mg