If you’re tired of the same old taco fillings, you aren’t alone! I love mixing spicy and sweet so turning up the heat on your salsa can be the perfect mix with pineapple. This recipe makes quite a bit, so you can always freeze a couple portions for later.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16-ounce) jar tomato salsa (hot, medium, or mild)
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in 100% juice (reserve juice)
- 3 medium zucchini, large dice
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker and cover them with the salsa.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours, or until easily shredded. Shred the chicken.
- Add the pineapple with ⅔ cup of the canned juice, and the zucchini to the slow cooker and cook for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until the zucchini is soft.
- Serve as desired with any of the options mentioned above!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 390mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 65mg