Preparing chicken in the slow cooker will save you time and make last-minute dinners a breeze since you’ll already have the cooked poultry on hand. It is always much easier to eat and cook healthy when you plan ahead.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Yield: 4-5 servings
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and place the breasts in the slow cooker. Pour the broth over the breasts.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Portion into airtight bags or containers and use as desired.
- Serving Size: 3-4 ounces
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 706mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 78mg