Looking for a perfect cool summer dish? My Southwest Shrimp Salad is what you’ve been looking for on those hot days of summer! It’s low calorie, low fat, low carb! you can wrap it in lettuce or eat it straight up, however you decide to enjoy it, I know you will love it!
Southwest Shrimp Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 ear of corn, husk removed
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium heat and add the corn, cooking for 5-7 minutes, rotating to brown all sides.
- Remove the corn from the grill pan and set aside to cool.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and coat the skillet or grill pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add it to the grill pan, cooking for about 1 minute on each side, or until they are pink and opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and yogurt.
- Cut the kernels off of the cob and add them to the mixing bowl, along with the tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Cut the shrimp into bite-sized pieces and add it to the mixing bowl. Toss gently to evenly combine, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Smart Points: 3
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 764mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 146mg