Move over meat, veggies are taking over this tortilla! Spaghetti squash is tasty and when mixed with your favorite taco toppings you can have a no meat Taco Tuesday! Don’t worry though you still can sneak in some protein with the black beans. My Spaghetti Squash Tacos are a quick and easy dish to make!
Spaghetti Squash Tacos
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- 1 lb spaghetti squash
- 1 packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 oz can black beans, drained + rinsed
- 4 oz can green chili peppers, diced
- 10 whole grain or blue taco shells
- tomatoes, diced
- reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- rediced-fat sour cream
- green onions, diced
*Optional ingredients are not included in nutrition calculations.
- Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise. Spoon out the seeds and stringy parts from the center. Place open side down in casserole dish with 1-inch of water.
- Cook in microwave for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Fork out the “spaghetti” into a serving dish. Mix in the taco seasoning.
- In a medium size frying pan, sauté the onion, black beans and peppers over medium heat. Cook until onions are transparent and beans are soft, about 5 minutes. Place in separate serving dish.
To assemble: place your taco “meat” in the shell, top with bean mixture and garnish with your favorite toppings!
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 985mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g