Need a quick and delicious side dish that you will enjoy? Look no further than my Spicy Sweet Potato Fries recipe. My secret is adding a little chili powder, the spicy flavor of the chili powder compliments the sweetness of the potatoes perfectly. Bet you didn’t know that there are two varieties of sweet potatoes; the pale yellow with a dry flesh and the dark orange with a most flesh. The dark orange is plumper in shape and somewhat sweeter.
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, rinsed (1.75 lbs total)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ Tbsp black pepper
- ½ Tbsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray 2 non-stick baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut the potatoes into small strips.
- In a small bow, mix remaining ingredients together.
- Place sweet potato fries onto the coated baking sheets and spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and flip them. Generously cover them with the spice mixture. Return to oven and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until they have reached desired crispiness.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of serving
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 8g