Everything tastes better on a stick, including the classic meal of steak and potatoes! Nix the plates and celebrate your juicy cut of sirloin by making it much easier to eat. The steak paired with fresh-cut vegetables is only 401 calories for two kabobs. Try it with my Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
Steak and Potato Kabobs
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound red new potatoes, halved (about 6, so there are 3 halves per kabob)
- 1 pound beef sirloin, fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (or beef tips)
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), cut in thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (https://brookegriffin.com/light-buttermilk-ranch/)
- 8 skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling, so they do not burn.
- To prepare the potatoes, place them in a microwave-safe bowl and fill the bowl with enough water to cover the bottoms of the potatoes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 2-4 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water so you will be able to skewer them.
- Meanwhile, heat and grease the grill to medium-high heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Thread each skewer evenly with the steak, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, and zucchini. Each skewer will have about 3 pieces of meat, 3 potato halves, 4 cherry tomatoes, ¼ of the onion, and 4 zucchini rounds.
- Lightly brush each skewer with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill each side for 1-2 minutes until the meat is cooked to desired doneness, and the vegetables are all slightly charred and tender.
- In the last minute of grilling, brush the cooked kabobs with the ranch dressing and cook an additional minute. Serve hot with the remaining ranch dressing for dipping.
Tip: If you don’t have all the ingredients on hand for my Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, feel free to use a store-bought light ranch dressing as a substitute.
- Serving Size: 2 kabobs
- Calories: 401
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 315mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 88mg