What better way to start your morning than with a warm, fresh muffin? These little goodies basically melt in your mouth and will leave you wondering how it can taste so good. Make a batch of these and watch how quickly your family gobbles them up. If you’re a muffin fanatic like me, you also have to try my Blueberry Protein Muffins or my Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp Stevia or other sweetener
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp strawberry extract or vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper or foil liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place oats in a food processor and pulse a few times. Soak oats in a medium size bowl with almond milk for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, Stevia, applesauce, extract, egg whites, and oil. Using a spoon or spatula, mix all ingredients together until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Using a whisk, stir to combine well.
- Next, combine oats and milk with the sugar and applesauce mixture and mix well. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in diced strawberries.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 22-25 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 92mg
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2.5g